How will the IPDES Affect Municipal Wastewater Treatment Facilities?
• DEQ will begin issuing and taking over existing permits for POTWs from EPA on July 1, 2018.
• Facilities will have an annual fee of $1.74 per EDU (calculated as the population served
divided by the average number of people per household for the state, county, or municipality
according to US Census Bureau data).
• Beginning in 2019, annual fees will be assessed in arrears on July 1 and will be due October 1
(i.e., a fee assessed on July 1, 2019 will be due October 1, 2019. This will include coverage from
October 1, 2018 through September 30, 2019).
• Facilities with > 575 EDUs are eligible to ask for a monthly or quarterly payment option.
• DEQ is implementing a completely electronic system for developing and submitting applications,
permits, and reporting, except that DMRs will continue to be submitted to NetDMR. DEQ will provide
several training opportunities for operators and facilities in the spring of 2018 (TBD).
For more information, visit http://www.deq.idaho.gov/water-quality/ipdes/