(THIS CLASS IS FULL – NO MORE REGISTRATIONS) VARIABLE FREQUENCY DRIVES (VFD) in REXBURG 0.6 DW OR WW CEUs
NOTE: THIS CLASS IS NOW FULL. NO MORE REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Registration is still open for Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) in Rexburg on February 20, 2018. Click here to register for that course.
This training will be at the Rexburg Fire Station.
Join Craig Hartman and Chet Crawford from Energy Management Corporation.
- Introduction to Motors
- Induction Motor Theory
- Slip Frequency
- Motor Flux and Torque Characteristics
- V/Hz Control
- Torque-Speed and Current-Speed Curves
- VFD (Motor Controls) Theory and Design
- Block functional diagrams
- Converter theory
- DC bus characteristics
- Inverter theory
- Harmonics, including single-phase input
- V/Hz, Torque, and Speed control
- NEC Motor and Motor Control Grounding
- NEC Motor Control Code
- Short circuit protection
- Lock out concerns
- Differences in overcurrent protection when used on variable frequency drives. Service factor?
- VFD Wiring
- Power and Control Wiring
- NEC Code
- Introduction to Harmonics
- Deleterious Effects of Harmonics on Power Systems
- Exhaustive Analysis of all Harmonic Mitigation Options
- Compliance with IEEE 519 and local codes
- VFD Troubleshooting (Hardware)
- Normal start-up and commissioning
- VFD Maintenance
- VFD Troubleshooting
- Safety compliance OSHA & NFPA 70 E.
- Arc flash protection with OSHA NFPA 70 E
- VFD Programming [hands-on training with motor control training demos]
- Review of parameter list
- Operation of programming unit
- Typical programming errors
Trouble-shooting programming faults
21 Feb 2018
Time: 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
24 North Center Street, Rexburg, ID, United States